Tuesday, April 16, 2013

More interesting than the truth!

Fake newspapers and anchors are more interesting and more fun to watch and read than real ones.
The Onion is hilarious and widely read all over, sometimes believed to be true too. But, why is it that people find that more interesting? It's all fake, no matter how realistically they portray it. Shouldn't what is actually happening and something that could actually have an effect on people's lives be more important? Apparently a quick entertainment is more important than actual fact.
Also John Stewart and Stephen Colbert are watched by people looking for actual news too. I mean I enjoy watching them too, I find them hilarious, but I don't get my news from them. I watch them make fun of actual news organizations. Maybe when I was young and immature I watched them for news, but my news watching only consisted of what I heard via my friends or facebook, The Daily Show and Colbert Report on occasion when I had nothing else to watch, and the weather channel in hopes of a snow day. But, that was when I was a young kid who didn't actually pay attention to the real world news (now I exclusively read the BBC because I'm a snob who wants to seem more interesting because I get my news from and internation news source). It just seems silly to seriously look to them for news.

No comments:

Post a Comment